Pudhumai Penn Scheme 2023: Tamil Nadu chief minister M K Stalin in presence of Arvind Kejriwal launched the Moovalur Ramamirtham Ammaiyar Higher Education Assurance scheme also known as Pudhumai Penn Scheme on 5 September 2022. The scheme aims to provide financial help to female students enrolled in government institutions and also encourages girls to pursue higher education. The scheme not only acts as a tool to empower women but also helps to fight the social norms prevailing in a society like a child marriage. Through the scheme families coming from economically weaker sections of society who can not afford the higher education of their girl child will be greatly benefited.
Overview of Tamil Nadu Pudhumai Penn Scheme
|Scheme Name||Pudhumai Penn Scheme|
|Launched By||Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu M.K. Stalin|
|Date of Launch||5 September 2022|
|Beneficiaries||Girl students studying from class VI to XII in Government school.|
|Objective||To provide financial help to girl students to enhance the ratio of enrollment in Higher Education Institutions.|
|Benefits||₹1000 will be deposited in the bank account of the girl student.|
Pudhumai Penn Scheme
The Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu state M.K. Stalin launched Pudhumai Penn on 5 September 2022 in Chennai where Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal was also present. The scheme promises to provide financial help to girls studying from class VI to XII to enhance the ratio of enrollment from Government schools to Higher Education Institutions. Through this scheme, financial aid of ₹1000 per month will be provided to the girls till they complete their Undergraduate/Diploma/ITI Or any other recognised course. The amount under this scheme will be directly deposited into the student’s bank account. The scheme not only acts as a financial help to girls but also focuses on modernization. As the name suggests, Pudhumai Penn means modern women. The scheme will prove to be a blessing for the girls who come from economically weaker sections of society and can not afford higher education due to financial curb.
“The government does not consider the monthly assistance of ₹1,000 to girl students as a freebie but as a duty”
M.K Stalin during the inauguration of Pudhumai Penn Scheme
Tamil Nadu Pudhumai Penn Scheme Objectives
Pudhumai Penn Scheme aims to provide quality higher education to girls belonging to the economically weaker section of society. Due to financial restraints, most of the girls have to leave their education after school. This scheme aims to educate female residents of the state. Through the scheme, the girl child will receive ₹ 1000 per month till she completes her Undergraduate/Diploma/ITI Or any other recognised course to support her higher education. It is estimated that around six lakh students will be benefited.
- The scheme provides financial aid of ₹ 1000 to girls studying from class VI to XII to pursue higher education like graduation, diploma, ITI or other courses.
- The amount of ₹1000 will directly be sent to the bank account of the girl student.
- The scheme motivates the girl student to continue their higher education and discourages evil norms like child marriage from prevailing in society.
- The debit card was given to around 613 students during the initial phase of the scheme.
- Through the scheme, it is estimated that around 6 lakh females per year will be benefited from the spending of 698 crores.
- Under the Pudhumai Penn Scheme’s initial phase, approximately 6500 students of Tiruchi district who are enrolled in engineering, science, and art institutions will be benefited.
The following are the basic eligibility criteria for the scheme:
- Applicant must be a citizen of India residing in the state of Tamil Nadu.
- Applicant must be a student, of class VI to XII studying in a government school.
- Applicant must be a female student. As the scheme focuses on giving financial aid to girl students.
The documents required for the scheme are given below:
- The Aadhar card or Voter ID card of the applicant.
- Residence Certificate
- Contact Number of parents or guardians.
How to Apply
- To apply for the Pudhumai Penn Scheme, the applicant has to visit the official website.
- The homepage of the website will be displayed on the screen.
- Click on the ‘Institute/ Colleges tab.
- Enter the username and the password of the institute or college with the help of the principal and then click on the ‘Login’ button.
- Fill in the application details asked and upload the necessary documents required.
- Click on the Submit button.
Also read about IFHRMS Login, TN Karuvoolam IFHRMS Pay slip 2023, Download at Karuvoolam.tn.gov.in
Pudhumai Penn Scheme is launched by the Government of Tamil Nadu. Chief Minister M.K.Stalin inaugurated it on 5 September 2022. The scheme focuses on providing financial help to girl students to increase the enrollment ratio in higher education institutions. The scheme promises to give ₹1000 per student per month until they complete their Undergraduate/Diploma/ITI or any other courses. Girls students studying from class VI to XII will be benefited. The scheme proves to be a blessing to girl students who belong to the economically weaker sections of society and whose parents can not support higher education.
The girl students who are from class VI to XII studying in government schools/institutions are eligible for the scheme. To avail of the benefits of the scheme one should be studying in a government school.
Pudhumai Penn Scheme launched by the state of Tamil Nadu aims to provide financial aid to girl students to pursue their higher education by providing them with a financial aid of ₹1000 per month till she completes their higher education. The amount will be directly deposited in the bank account of the female student. As the name suggests Pudhumai Penn means modern women. The scheme not only provides financial help but also focuses on modernization and women’s empowerment. This step will surely motivate many girl students to pursue higher education and discourages many evil norms like child marriage prevailing in society.
For Pudhumai Penn Scheme only those are eligible who are – 1) citizens of India and residents of the state of Tamil Nadu are.
2)The applicant must be a student of class VI to XII.
3) The scheme focuses to provide benefits to only girl students who are enrolled in the government school/institution.
1)To apply for the scheme, the applicant has to visit the official website.
2) The homepage of the website will be displayed on the screen.
3) Click on the ‘Institute/ Colleges tab.
4) Enter the username and the password of the institute or college with the help of the principal and then click on the ‘Login’ button.
5) Fill in the application details asked and upload the necessary documents required.
6) Click on the Submit button.
To avail of the benefits of the Pudhumai Penn Scheme following papers are required:
1) The Aadhar card or the voter ID card of the applicant.
2) Residence Certificate of the applicant. The applicant must be a resident of the state of Tamil Nadu.
3) Contact number of Parents or Legal Guardian is required.