NEET PG 2023 Application Form: The National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences is all set to conduct the test of NEET – PG 2023 on March 5th. Candidates who are interested to get admitted to reputed medical colleges in India for postgraduate medical studies must apply for this exam. The authorities start accepting the NEET PG 2023 applications from 7th Jan 2023. Aspiring students must fill out the form online through the specific portal after reading all the crucial details pertaining to the examination. Check all the information such as eligibility, examination scheme, important dates, application procedure, and much more in the subsequent article.
Update: NEET PG 2023 Registration window will remain open till 27th Jan 2023
NBE NEET PG 2023 Application Form
The national eligibility cum entrance test for postgraduate classes in the year 2023 will be conducted on the 5th of March 2023. The NBEMS will be conducting the examination on behalf of the National Medical Commission or NMC. It will be a computer-based test or CBT.
Interested candidates will have to fill out the online application form before the due date. Those who pass the examination shall be eligible to go through the counselling procedures of various reputed medical colleges across India. They will be able to get admitted to postgraduate level medical courses in the academic session of 2023-24.
NEET PG 2023 Application: Overview
|Name of the Examination||NEET PG 2023|
|Full-Form||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test- Post Graduate 2023|
|Conducting Authority||National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences or NBEMS|
|Conducted on behalf of||National Medical Commission or NMC.|
|Ministry||Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India or MoHFW|
|Conducted For||Entrance Post Graduate Medical Programs in reputed Institutions in India|
|Courses||MD, MS, PG Diploma, Post MBBS DNB Courses, and NBEMS Diploma Courses|
|Institutions||Various Medical Institutes across India|
|Application Status||Open from 7th Jan 2023|
|Examination Mode||Computer Based Test or CBT|
NEET-PG 2023 will be conducted for the entrance of candidates into post-graduate-level courses in the field of medicine. It is the single-window entrance examination which the students need to qualify in order to get admitted into the following courses:
- MD or Doctor of Medicine
- MS or Master of Surgery
- PG Diploma and Post MBBS DNB courses with specialization in various fields such as anesthesiology, dermatology NVD, nuclear medicine, OB/GYN, orthopaedics, paediatrics, psychiatry, radiotherapy, pathology, and much more.
- NBEMS diploma courses pursued post MBBS for 2 years with specialisation in fields of radiodiagnosis, family medicine, paediatrics, obstetrics and gynaecology, anesthesiology, and more.
NEET PG list of Institutions
All private and state government institutions offering medical courses cannot conduct their separate entrance examinations to admit candidates in MD/MS/PG diploma courses. All the admissions will be made through the result of the national eligibility cum entrance test. The candidates can get admitted into the following institutions in the academic session of 2023-24 through NEET 2023:
- Post MBBS DNB courses and post MBBSNBEMS diploma courses.
- Seats reserved under the category of all India 50% quota in all states or union territories of India.
- State quota seats in states or union territories of India.
- Private Indian colleges institutions and universities or deemed universities offering medical courses.
- Armed Forces medical services institutions.
However, a few medical institutions shall not admit students through NEET-PG 2023 for admissions in MD/MS seats:
- AIIMS in New Delhi
- Other AIIMS
- JIPMER in Puducherry
- NIMHANS in Bengaluru
- PGIMER in Chandigarh
- Sree Chitra Tirunal Institute for medical sciences and technology in Trivandrum.
NEET PG 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Only certain candidates who were eligible to attempt the examination of NEET-PG 2023 can apply by filling out the online form. Aspiring candidates are advised to check the eligibility criteria before applying. The authorities will not be responsible for rejecting the online forms of such candidates who are ineligible. The following criteria have been announced:
- The candidate must have completed their MBBS degree or have a provisional MBBS pass certificate. Their educational qualification must be recognised by the provisions of the National Medical Commission.
- The candidate should have completed one year of internship before 31 March 2023 as they apply for NEET-PG 2023.
- Candidates whose educational qualifications are not recognised as per the National Medical Commission or NMC act 2019 will be considered ineligible to apply for the exam.
- Candidates of Indian origin who have graduated in medical science from institutes in overseas countries can also apply to them for the NEET-PG 2023 examination. Such candidates must have qualified for the Foreign Medical Graduate Examination or the screening test that is conducted by the National Board of Examination in Medical Sciences. They must also be registered with the NMC or State Medical Council after completing their internships.
- Candidates who are foreign nationals need to temporarily register themselves with the National Medical Commission to appear for the NEET PG examination. They will have to pay the prescribed fee in order to get registered.
NEET PG 2023 Schedule
|Event of NEET PG 2023||Dates|
|Release of NEET PG 2023 Information Bulletin||7th Jan 2023|
|Commencement of Online Application||7th Jan 2023|
|Closing of Online Applications||27th Jan 2023|
|Edit Window||30th Jan to 3rd Feb 2023|
|Final Edit Window to change uploaded pictures||14th to 17th Feb 2023|
|Issuance of Admit Card||27th Feb 2023|
|Examination Date||5th March 2023|
|Result Date||By 31st March 2023|
|Cut Off Date for Completion of Internship||By 31st March 2023|
NEET PG 2023 Application Form Procedure
So as to apply for NEET-PG 2023 examination, the candidates must follow the subsequent steps:
- Open the official portal of the National Board of Examinations in Medical Sciences at nbe.edu.in.
- On the homepage of the web page, tap on NEET-PG.
- The prompt for various years of NEET-PG will open up.
- For the year 2023, click on the Application Link.
- The specific portal for NEET-PG 2023 will open up.
- In the Link section, click on New Registration.
- A declaration page will appear on the screen. Choose if the candidate is applying directly by tapping on I am an applicant or through an agent by typing on I am an agent and submit it.
- Read the instructions that will appear very carefully and choose the option of Close.
- The registration form is visible on the screen.
- Enter the candidate’s registration details, that is, the Candidate’s Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Nationality, Mobile Number, Alternative Mobile Number, Email ID and get an OTP generated.
- Enter the Security Code as appearing on the screen.
- Choose to Preview the form and Submit it.
- Post-registration, head back to NEET-PG 2023 page.
- In the Link section, click on Applicant Login.
- The candidate login form will open up.
- Enter User ID and Password and click on Login.
- The application form will appear in the dashboard.
- Fill in the complete application form and upload the necessary documents.
- Pay the applicable fee and finally, click on Submit.
NEET PG Application Fee
The candidates need to pay the examination fee while filling out the application form. The authorities have fixed the application fee differently for candidates belonging to different categories. The payment needs to be made through the safe online transfer window that will appear while filling out the online form. The following fee has been announced next:
- Candidates belonging to General, other backward classes or OBC, and economically weaker section or EWS: Rs. 4,250.
- Candidates belonging to scheduled caste or SC, scheduled Tribes or ST, and PwD or persons with disabilities: Rs. 3,250.
NEET PG 2023: Important Links
NEET PG Examination Scheme
The authorities have announced that NEET-PG 2023 will be conducted on the 5th of March in a single session. It will be a computer-based test. The syllabus has been announced and it will follow the guidelines as per graduate medical education regulations. There will be 200 multiple-choice questions and the medium of the paper will be English. Every candidate will be allotted a time of three hours and 30 minutes. For every correct answer, four marks will be awarded.
However 25% negative marking is provided for incorrect answers. This implies that for every wrong response, one mark will be deducted. Additionally, The candidates must note that there is no punishment for unattended questions.