Leadership Essay: In your exams or competitions, you can get various topics to write on. One of these topics is “Leadership“. This is a descriptive kind of essay and there can be no arguments or affirmations made regarding the same. The students and children writing this essay would want to structure an essay that is very impressive and likable. If you too have to write Leadership Essay and want it to be nice such that it fetches good marks or brings in better points, you must check the complete guide for the same in the ensuing article.
The topic, “Leadership” is a descriptive subject. You need to describe the meaning of the word and its relevance in the present world while introducing the topic. In the body, you must explain the requirement of leadership and its kind. There are many ways by which education is being provided on the skill of leadership and administration. You can also give a brief about the same. While writing your essay, you must use idioms, sayings, proverbs, and quotes to make it more interesting. In conclusion, you must focus on establishing the importance, effectiveness, and impact of leadership.
Essay on Environment for Students and Children
Quotes on Leadership
In order to make your essay more promising and justify your points, you can take the help of facts or add quotes to it. If you add quotes or sayings, the essay will become more impressive and it shall award you extra points or marks. However, while doing so, make sure that you do not overstuff the essay with sayings. Depending on the length of the composition you can add one or two quotes. Here are a few for the purpose of adding to the essay:
- Leadership is an opportunity to serve. It is not a trumpet call to self-importance ~ J. Donald Walters
- The quality of a leader is reflected in the standards they set for themselves ~ Ray Kroc
- If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, then you are an excellent leader ~ Dolly Parton
- Don’t follow the crowd. Let the crowd follow you ~ Margaret Thatcher
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power ~ Abraham Lincoln
- Earn your leadership every day ~ Michael Jordan
- Leadership is about making others better as a result of your presence, and making sure that impact lasts in your absence ~ Sheryl Sandberg
- A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way and shows the way ~ John C. Maxwell
- A good leader leads the people from above them. A great leader leads the people from within them ~ M.D. Arnold
- Leaders must be close enough to relate to others, but far enough ahead to motivate them ~ John C. Maxwell
- Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other ~ John F. Kennedy
- A leader is a dealer in hope ~ Napoleon Bonaparte
- A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves ~ Lao Tzu
- Leaders aren’t born; they are made. And they are made just like anything else through hard work. And that’s the price we’ll have to pay to achieve that goal or any goal ~ Vince Lombardi
- Leadership is the ability to guide others without force into a direction or decision that leaves them still feeling empowered and accomplished ~ Lisa Cash Hanson
- As we look ahead into the next century, leaders will be those who empower others ~ Bill Gates
- Effective leadership is not about making speeches or being liked; leadership is defined by results, not attributes ~ Peter F. Drucker
English Essay on Leadership
The world is made of different kinds of crowds but these crowds are led by respective leaders. There can be various kinds of communities. On the basis of nationality, caste, creed, religion, colour, occupation, workspace, ideology, organisational setting, or others, communities are constructed. These communities are always led by a leader. While the ones following are the most prominent entity in an organisation, leaders are the ones that are responsible for providing a direction to the wishes and agendas. Leaders are often conceived as someone who gives orders and others follow but in reality, they are responsible for the proper functioning and maintenance of a community or company.
As Brian Tracy once said, “Leaders think and talk about the solutions. Followers think and talk about the problems“, leadership is a skill. They are responsible for solving problems, managing, ensuring smooth administration, creating and implementing plans, and leading from the side while taking the complete weight of losses. When it comes to victories, leaders reward the team with all appreciation. They are the ones who have to spot the skills, comprehend the potential and ability of the workers or the community, and accordingly allot responsibilities. It is believed that a Leader holds the spirit and eye to help someone rise and realize their talent.
All over the world, be it in terms of enterprises, politics, communities, or any other, leaders change the world. Their skills and competency highly affect those following. If a leader loses hope or takes a foul decision, the entire organization suffers. It is a skill but there are many educational and training programs that polish these attributes. Without a leader, an organization suffers to a huge extent. It is extremely important to have a leader that aims for the organization to thrive rather than focusing on personal growth and justifying the majestic but truly right words of Max de Pree, “The first responsibility of a leader is to define reality. The last is to say thank you. In between, the leader is a servant”.