AMU School admission 2023: AMU Schools admissions for the academic session 2023 are now open. Applications for Aligarh Muslim University School Admission 2023 are to fill online for classes I, VI and IX. Interested parents can fill out applications for their wards by visiting the online portal. The last date to submit the application form online is 5th Feb 2023 (without late fee) whereas with late fee it can be submitted till 12th Feb 2023. For more information regarding the AMY School admission read this article.
AMU School Admissions 2023
AMU application forms for admission of students in classes I, VI, and IX link are now active for all the eligible students out there. All the applicants have to go through an entrance exam and an interview in order to get admission to AMU schools.
Readers can go through the article to get vital information about AMU school admissions. It is a detailed article on AMU admission 2023 that includes all the details from the release of the application to the selection of candidates.
AMU Schools Admission- A Brief detail
|Conducting Body||Aligarh Muslim University|
|School name||AMU Schools|
of the schools
|Exam Date||12th March 2023|
|Mode of the application procedure||Online|
test & interview
|Class I, VI & IX|
|Location||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
AMU Schools- About
AMU Schools are maintained by one of the renowned
universities of India called Aligarh Muslim University. Along with offering
higher education programs, the university
is into running various schools in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
There are nine schools separate for boys and girls running under the administrative control of AMU. Apart from these schools, it also has a school for visually challenged students. Admissions to the schools are mainly done through a national-level entrance test conducted every year.
AMU Schools in Delhi
The list of all these schools that are managed by AMU is as follows-
School (Minto Circle)
- AMU City School
- AMU City Girls High School
- Abdullah School
- AMU Girls’ School
- Ahmadi School for Visually Challenged
- AMU ABK High School
- Sayyid Hamid Senior Secondary
- Senior Secondary School
AMU School Admission Important Dates 2023
|Event||Class I||Class VI||Class IX|
|Last date for submitting an online application for all classes||5th Feb||5th Feb||5th Feb|
|Last date with late fee||12th Feb||12th Feb||12th Feb|
|Application Form Correction||14 to 18 Feb||14 to 18 Feb||14 to 18 Feb|
|Test date||12th March||12th March||19th March|
|Publication of Answer Key|
|Declaration of Result|
AMU School Admission- Application/Registration Form
- The application form will be filled only through online mode i.e. directly from the official website. No other mode is applicable.
- Applicants are required to fill in all the details correctly in the application form. They must be ready with all the documents before filling out the application form.
- Applicants must read all the instructions mentioned in the school guide carefully before filling out the online application.
How to fill AMU School application form?
Candidates have to submit an application form directly through online mode. They can follow the steps given below to check the result-
- Registration- The first step is to register as a new user. For this, candidates have to visit www.amucontrollerexams.com. They have to click on new user and have to provide a valid email ID and other required details. After successfully submitting the details candidates will receive a registration no. and a password on their registered email IDs. This registration ID and password must be kept safe throughout the admission procedure as it is required in further steps.
- Signing in to a registered account – Now candidates have to log in by using the registration no. and password.
- Updating Profile of the Candidate – After login, applicants are required to update their profile. For this, they have to enter information such as username, candidate’s name, mobile no., parent’s name etc. in the provided field. Candidates must be careful while filling in all these details and must review the details before confirmation.
- Uploading Photo, Signature & Thumb Impression – After updating the profile applicants have to upload a scanned photograph, signatures and thumb impressions of the candidate in the prescribed format.
- Uploading Documents – If candidates have claimed for the special category they also have to upload the supporting documents again in the prescribed format.
- Applying for class and payment of a fee – After successful uploading of all the documents, candidates have to fill in details for their respective classes. Candidates have to fill in preferences and choices for class, school, medium of instruction etc. They also have to make payment of the test fee through any of the online payment methods.
- Save and Print PDF – After the successful payment of the test fee, a PDF of the application form will be generated. Take a printout of the same and keep it safe for reference in future.
AMU Admission Application fee 2023
The class-wise application
fee for all the candidates is as follows-
- The application fee/Processing fee for class I is Rs.600/- (late fee: 900), for class II is 650/- (late fee 950) and for class IX it is Rs.700/-. (late fee 1000)
- Application fees can only be paid through online mode (Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card).
- Physically challenged candidates (40% disability) are exempted from the application fee provided they have to produce relevant certificates and documents in support of the claim.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
AMU Schools 2023 Admission Eligibility
Before filling out the application form, all the candidates are advised to read the eligibility criteria properly. Only those candidates should apply who fulfill the eligibility criteria.
The eligibility requirement for admission to all the classes (i.e. I, VI & IX) is as follows-
Indian nationals, Foreign nationals, and
children of Non-Resident Indians (NRIs) are eligible for admission to AMU
- Candidate must be aged between 5 to 7 years. (March 31, 2023)
- Candidate must be of age between 10 to 12 years (as on March 31, 2023)
- Candidates must have qualified class V from a recognized board. They have to provide a Class-V mark sheet for verification.
- Candidate must be of age between 13 to 15 years. (as on March 31, 2023)
- Candidates must have qualified class VII from a recognized School board. They have to provide Class-VII mark sheets for verification.
AMU Schools Selection Procedure 2023
AMU school procedure comprises two rounds viz. Written examination and the Interview.
After the scrutiny of the application, selected candidates will be called for a written examination. Candidates for classes I, VI and IX have to appear in the national-level entrance exam conducted by Aligarh Muslim University. The written test is an OMR-based exam and will be of a total of 85 marks.
Candidates shall be invited for an interview round on the basis of their performance in the written test. The interview will be of a total of 15 marks. Those who obtain a minimum of 40% in the interview become essentially eligible for selection.
AMU Schools Entrance Exam 2023
To get admission to AMU school candidates have to go through a national-level entrance test. However, Foreign nationals/children of NRIs and physically challenged candidates are exempted from the entrance exam.
Check the details of the entrance exam for all three classes below-
Exam Pattern for Class I
of the exam- Offline (OMR-based)
questions- 25 questions
type- objective type/ subjective type questions
– English, Urdu, Arithmetic, GK
Exam Pattern for Class VI and IX
of the exam- Offline (OMR-based)
questions- 85 questions
type- objective type (MCQ)
Section I (comprise of 25 questions for
Languages) and Section II (comprises of 60 questions in Mathematics and
– languages (English, Urdu, and Hindi), Mathematics, Science
marks- 40% in section I
based on CBSE/NCERT syllabus of class V for class VI and class VIII for class
AMU Entrance Test Admit Card 2023
Admit cards will be made available on the official website one week before the commencement of the exam. It will be issued only to the registered candidates after the scrutiny of the application form.
Candidates can download admit cards from AMU’s official website. All the candidates have to take a printout of it and have to carry it to the exam venue on the day of the exam.
Application for Ahmadi School for the Visually Challenged AMU School
Ahmadi School for the Visually Challenged is the only school at AMU that provides education to visually challenged students. No entrance interview is conducted for this school. For admission to this school candidates/parents/guardians have to fill out a separate form.
The application form is available on the official website. Candidates have to download the application form and have to fill in all the required information in it.
Removal of Name
The name of the student shall be struck off
the rolls of the school if a candidate-
- Does not rejoin the respective school within three days of commencement of academic session in the school.
- Remain absent continuously without leave for ten working days.
- Fails to deposit School fees and other dues as per the notified schedule/date.
- Fails to follow the prescribed rules in the school from time to time.
- Is found to have forged information and credentials.
- Remains in the same class for more than two academic years.
AMU Schools Admission Required Documents
Candidates filling out applications for admission have to be ready with all the required documents. They have to produce all the necessary documents and supporting certificates at the time of admission for verification.
The list of documents that are required to be produced at the time of admission is as follows-
- Original Marks Sheet of Class V / VIII (for Admission to Class VI / IX as the case may be) passed from a recognized Board/ School
- Three passport-sized photographs of the candidate (Front View)
- Three photographs of the candidate along with his/her parents/guardian
- Date of Birth Certificate in Original issued from the Municipal corporation / / school last attended/ competent authority/copy of passport (As the case may be)
- Transfer certificate in Original, issued from the School last attended by the candidate (Countersigned by a Competent Authority, if applicable after the completion of the Admission process.
- Two Self -Addressed Envelops with a postal stamp of Rs.40/-
AMU schools Admission-
Some important instructions
- Application forms are currently available on the website and interested candidates can fill the same before the last date.
- Application forms will be submitted only through online mode. There is no need to submit a printout of the application fee.
- Application forms must be filled out before the last date. After the last date, the registration and application window will be closed.
- Incomplete application forms, or late applications, and forms without test fees will be rejected.
- A single registration can be used by the candidates to apply under both the General Category and Children of NRI category.
For any kind of help and issue regarding AMU admissions for the year 2023, candidates can contact the responsible authority. Contact details are given below-
Any admission or examination-related query can be asked at the details given below-
Controller of Examination,
Administrative block, AMU,
Aligarh- 202002, Uttar Pradesh
Phone No.- 2703038, 2701807
Email- [email protected]
We are here for you; we explained every important thing students/parents should know in order to get admission to AMU school. Aligarh Muslim University School is one of the top schools in India and many students aspire to get admission to it.
So if you have any queries/doubts then you can ask us in the comment section below and we will respond to your question in the fast possible time.
We wish the aspirants the best of luck for AMU School Admissions 2023!